Radix delivers high-quality accounting support and advanced tax strategy, compliance and planning for our clients. Our firm has expertise in two industries: craft beverage (beer, cider, distillers) and creative services, and our clients are located around the world. We are different than traditional public accounting firms for a number of reasons. First, we commit in-depth to our two niche industries. We know these businesses well and provide timely, accurate expertise to our clients. Because of this expansive understanding we have developed an international client base that seeks us out. Second, we believe in an appropriate work load year round. During tax season we carefully adhere work weeks capped at 55 hours, and 40 hours per week outside of busy season. This ensures our staff has balance and can focus on providing the best work product possible. Third, we believe in the development of our professionals. We have frequent trainings and consistent mentorship for all employees. Happy employees make happy clients. As testament to this approach, Radix was awarded Inavero's Best of Accounting award in July 2017, indicating exceptionally high levels of client service within the accounting industry. Fewer than 1% of all accounting firms in the United States and Canada have earned the 2017 Best Accounting Award for providing remarkable service quality to their clients.
The Tax Staff Accountant is responsible for the preparation of corporate and individual tax returns. It is expected that one third of the accountant's time will be spent preparing financial reports for monthly bookkeeping clients.
- Prepare tax workpapers and returns for the following entity types: 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040, 1041 and 709
- Prepares basic amended returns, personal tax projections, property tax returns, and 1099s.
- Utilizes and develops a basic understanding of CCH tax software and various accounting software.
- Prepare month-end close for monthly bookkeeping clients by preparing adjusting journal entries.
- Preparing monthly financial reports and executive summaries for monthly bookkeeping clients.
- Works with confidential client matters.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. No travel is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- Actively studying and preparing for CPA certification.
- Experience with CCH and/or software a plus
- Experience with Quickbooks and reconciling balance sheet accounts preferred
- Working knowledge of basic office technology
- Good human relations, communication (oral and written) skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary dependent on experience
Health, dental and vision insurance
Paid CPE for CPA licensees; paid CPA exams for CPA candidates
Flexible schedules available
After two months of employment, full-time employees accrue 6.66 PTO hours every pay period. This equals 20 PTO days/year.
Paid time off for all standard holidays
Compensation and benefits based on a 55 hour work week February - April 15 and as needed for September and October deadlines; 40 hour work week outside of tax season.
Open to full or part time candidates, and open to telecommuting for experienced candidates.
To apply please email a copy of your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.